Newborn Essentials - Feeding Baby
It’s very easy to get carried away shopping and prepping for your new baby’s arrival (especially if it’s your first!). From setting up the nursery to collecting supplies for feeding, sleeping, diapering, clothing and accessorizing the little darling, you will see, it all adds up in not only expense, but house space!
If you’d like to simplify your life, and add items to your new baby checklist that may be of most valuable for a new parent-to-be, then read on for our Glossydots Baby list of newborn feeding essentials personally selected, tested and used from our own home.
Let's Get to the Basics
Breastfeeding: Spectra Baby USA - S1 Plus Premier Rechargeable Electric Breast Pump
If you are planning on breastfeeding, you might want a break and use a breastpump. After many days of research done by my husband, we found this kickass pump that is super easy to use, clean, and worth the expense. Key features include:
- Closed Valve System: Prevents bacteria, mold and virus contamination from developing in breast milk and transfering to baby because the tubing stays dry thanks to a barrier between the collection kit and pump mechanism.
- Rechargeable Battery: Don't have to bother with batteries.
Breast Pump Organizer: Glossydots Baby Storage Caddy
A MUST-HAVE for all new parents- This storage caddy is versatile enough to store all your baby needs. Begin using it to organize all your breast pump accessories, and it's durable and large enough to store the breastpump machine as well. Key features include:
- 4 removable velcro inserts, allows you to interchange the compartments from 5 to 2 pockets to fit your breastpump and all it's accessories.
- Large Size 15x9x7 inches
Bottles: Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottle Gift Set
Your baby will need bottles if you pump or feed baby formula. There are a lot of bottles to choose from, and not all babies like the same bottle. You may need to purchase a few brands to test out what works best for your baby.
Dr. Brown's Natural Flow Baby Bottles are a great bottle to try. It was a perfect fit for my baby, whom suffered with reflux. Key features include:
- The vent system in the bottles eliminates air bubbles and reduces spit up, burping and gas. We've used these bottles until it was time to transition to a sippy cup.
- Bottle sizes include 4oz and 8oz.
Bottle Warmer: Dr. Brown's Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer
Some parents might not think this is a necessity, but more of a convenience. When you are a first time parent, you will welcome this product. I was generously gifted two bottle warmers, and hand's down the Dr. Brown's Deluxe Baby Bottle Warmer is the easiest to use. Key features include:
- Simple control panel/easy-touch keypad, saves you time starting it.
- Audio and visual alerts let you know when warming cycle is complete. Audio "beep" sound is loud enough to hear in the next room.
Bottle Sanitizer: Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer
If you don't have a dishwasher you will need to sterilize your baby's bottles one way or another. The Munchkin Steam Guard Microwave Sterilizer is a great product purchase.
We've used it not only as a sterilizer, but when it's not in use the lid turned upside down held all my baby's dirty bottles and bottle parts that collected throughout the day, until I had time to wash them at night.
This sterilizer is recommended because it's super easy to use, and very durable, lasting use of a year, and we still use it as a bottle/sippy cup washing base.
Bottle Brush: Dr. Brown's Bottle Brush
These Dr. Brown's Bottle Brushes are our go-to brush to tackle bottle cleaning. Key features include:
- Easy to use baby bottle brushes include a sponge tip for extra cleaning power and nylon bristles to scrub away any debris.
- The dish wand design is easy to hold
- The suctioned stand is great for storing the bottle brush upright to dry when not in use.
Bottle Drying Rack: Boon Lawn Drying Rack, Bottle Rack
There is this innate desire to keep your precious baby's bottles separate from all your family's dirty dishes, especially during the first few months with baby being so new (this feeling may be stronger with your first born!).
I've found the Boon Lawn Drying Rack super convenient in keeping all my baby's bottles and bottle parts together, while keeping away all those "adult germs" 😆.
There are adorable component parts to purchase separately that I bought, but it wasn't used as much as the drying rack itself.
Burp Cloths: Glossydots Baby Premium Burp Cloths
Say goodbye to that wet shoulder with this 5 pack set of Glossydots Baby Premium Burp Cloth. Made with 100% organic cotton and fleece, this 3 layered burp cloth is soft on baby's skin and super absorbent so both you and baby can stay dry during cuddle time!
A generous 21x10 inch size provides great shoulder coverage for anyone holding baby.
Disclaimer: This information is provided for educational and entertainment purposes only. We do not accept any responsibility for any liability, loss or risk, personal or otherwise, incurred as a consequence, directly or indirectly, from any information or advice contained here. Glossydots Baby may earn compensation from affiliate links in this content.